Ehrhardt Automation History
In 1937, Willis Ehrhardt had a vision to create the first precision tool shop west of the Mississippi River. He turned vision into reality, starting out in an old horse stable in downtown St. Louis. He became a founding member of the National Tooling and Machining Association (NTMA), and that proud association continues to this day. His vision and commitment to excellence built Ehrhardt into a premium tool & die house renowned for quality and performance.
In 1970, Ehrhardt sold the business to Alco Industries, securing investment and growth opportunities to expand its capabilities to the manufacture of nuclear and high accuracy component parts. Recognizing the future potential, Ehrhardt expanded into the automation space, adapting to the growing needs of the manufacturing industry by adding controls engineering and machine automation design and manufacture for everything from single-station work station design to complete process lines and turnkey robotic integrated solutions.
In 2014 Ehrhardt Tool & Machine was acquired by Dunes Point Capital, providing the infusion of capital to continue to embrace the technology needed to meet industry demands for automation & special machines.
In July 2019, we changed our name to Ehrhardt Automation Systems to continue our evolution and commitment to providing fully integrated turnkey automation solutions, dependable tooling and precision manufacturing and integrated robotic systems.
Through it all, one thing has remained constant: our continuous focus to improve and adapt to our clients’ changing expectations and our commitment to excellence and customer service.