Lean Manufacturing provides maximum value with minimum waste. In practical terms that means:
- Implementing automation in the production process that eliminates or minimizes waste in production time, processes or materials.
- Targeting specific aspects of the production cycle to improve efficiencies.
- Using integrated robotic solutions that improve efficiency, quality issues, manufacturing costs and ergonomic or safety concerns.
- Building automated machinery and robotic solutions that include quick-change tooling processes.
- Systems that are built with mistake-proofing components to avoid errors, such as tools and parts that are created with the proper orientations built-in.
- Tooling that ensures processes work the right way the first time, avoiding set-up errors, missing parts, improper orientation, measurement and operations errors.
- Single-station systems that are portable,and can be reconfigured quickly and easily or moved from location to location.
- Self-diagnostics that identify process flow, where an issue is and what happens next.
- Systems designed with clear labelling and access for ease of maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
- Visual workspaces with charts, diagrams, production requirements, tasks and expectations easily accessible on the interface.
- Optimal safety and ergonomic considerations that reduce or eliminate lost time due to injury.
- Full training so operators can get to work right away.
Contact Us Today
Ehrhardt Automation Systems are specialists in Lean Manufacturing principles. Contact us today to see how a lean manufacturing automation system can improve your bottom line, productivity and efficiency.