Robotic Brake Pedal Weld and Assembly System
A cost reduction system for major Tier 1 automotive client.
- To build a safer, faster automated assembly cell and reduce the cost of the part.
- Remove one worker from the assembly stream.
The justification for the customer required they have only 2 workers to support the system.
- Poke-Yoke loading mistake proofing
- 3-zone configuration
- Required a less than 275 square footprint
- Under 60 second cycle time for welding, load and unload
- Fanuc 6-axis robot
- Weld tooling
- Automated servo part clamping
- Automated part ejection system
The automation was built with dual-tool loading, into 3 zones for safety and utilized light curtains and advanced sensing technologies to protect workers. The assembly consisted of 7 stampings and 16 spot welds.
Client has safer, faster and less expensive part assembly weld system, operating in Mexico. Ehrhardt Automation was responsible for complete design build and commissioning.